In 1925, Robert P. Good’s vision of creating a modern cemetery in a beautiful park-like setting became reality. Mr. Good carefully planned the site of Alto-Reste Park so that “the remains of the departed would rest amidst scenes of cultured beauty in harmony with the environments.” With great forethought and attention to detail, he purchased over 325 acres for the purpose of creating one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the state of Pennsylvania. He even travelled to Carrero, Italy to oversee the construction of marble features, which still grace the cemetery today. Alto-Reste Park was the first cemetery to include perpetual care, a concept Mr. Good wholeheartedly endorsed and helped push into Pennsylvania cemetery law. He strongly felt that funds should be set aside for the care, maintenance, and preservation of the lots, buildings, and grounds. In keeping with the visionary founder’s wishes, Alto-Reste Park Cemetery is to this day perpetually maintained and carefully developed.
- Advanced Planning
- Lot Locator